Wednesday 7 June 2017

Animation Brief.

For my animation I am going to create a Trailer to portray my game. I am planning to make it as similar to the storyboard as possible, taking into consideration that it might be a lot more difficult to make then first thought, I will create the whole animation in Maya.

To make my animation I created a Desk Lamp in Maya, it is made up of several bits including Cylinders and Cones. In order to make certain shapes I would use the Extruding tool, and the WER keys to enlarge shapes and shorten shapes. The animation is all built into Maya and was fairly simple to make. I also coloured the objects I had used using Lambert colours, I just added a Lambert mesh on top and recoloured it to a yellow. I started off the Desk Lamp using a Cone and Cylinder shape and just extrude and enlarged the shapes until I was happy with the final piece.

I then decided I wanted to create a little story about a defunct Desk Lamp model that has become self aware, woken up in the Manufacturing area and realised that his model of Lamp has been taken out of commission and all of his models will be sent to a furnace to be destroyed to make room for the new supreme model.


As you can see there is two conveyor belts in the scene, one headed for a Red pipe to be destroyed (in a finished product I would of liked this conveyor belt to lead to a furnace) and another conveyor belt that leads to a Green pipe (Again, in the finished product I would of liked this to lead to a Distribution Centre.) The active Lamp realises where he is heading and decides to make a leap of faith across the room to make it to the other conveyor belt for safety. He would then plan an escape out of the factory and would of started a Toy Story styled story.


I was inspired by the scene in Monsters Inc when Sully and Mike were sent into the room with thousands of Doors all being sent to different places and they have to jump across to other areas in order to find Boo's door.

Evaluation.
I am pleased with the completed product, if I had more time I would of liked to change the pipes and add more lengthy conveyor belts that sprayed across the whole scene. I would of also changed the colours between the good and bad lamps to differentiate them, I would of also added a nice background instead of the default Gray Maya one. Overall though I am pleased with the final scene considering it was my ever attempt at animating on Maya and also only took me about a hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment